Sunday, December 11, 2011

Flapjacks formula

I know flapjacks are very coarse and there are recipes anywhere for them but I just had to share this particular recipe. I have been looking for a recipe for flapjacks for over 15 years. When I was a minute girl I used to go and play with my friend, and her mum always had the most beautiful flapjacks. Through the years I have tried so many discrete recipes but they just didn't seem to have that crunch so when I tried this recipe last year I was indubitably delighted with the ensue and my 20 month old son adores them too. They are a nice salutary snack so I don't mind him having them, whatever beats sweets or junk.

I usually add pumpkin seeds to the compound or if I don't have them in the house some sesame seeds. You indubitably can add anything, chocolate chips maybe for a bit of sweetness or raisins but if you add raisins make sure not to over cook them as they get burnt, trust me it has happened to me, the flapjacks were fine but the raisins were like bullets - it's all about trial and error.

Cookie Recipes

The recipe is one by Rachel Allen and is taken from her book "Rachel's Food for Living". A truly excellent book.

Ingredients:

12 oz butter

2 compassionate tbsp golden syrup

6oz soft light brown sugar

1 tsp vanilla extract

3 oz plain flour

13 oz oats

Method:

Place the butter, golden syrup, sugar and vanilla extract in a large saucepan and bring up to a simmer and stir allowing the butter to melt. When you have a nice flat texture take the saucepan off the heat and add in the flour and oats (and if you have any seeds etc.). Mix together and spread into a swiss roll tin.

Bake in an oven at 180 Celsius for about 20 to 25 minutes until they are a golden brown. Cut into squares when still warm in the tin and allow to cool a minute before removing to a wire rack.

And yes they indubitably are that simple.

Flapjacks formula

0 comments:

Post a Comment